Thursday, May 31, 2012

Welcomed

Today was a good day.

And not like an "Ice Cube" kind of good day,
but just a good day.

Work went well.  I baked a ton of things* which is always an absolute joy.  I talked with some co-workers  I haven't been able to talk with in a while.  (It's a sad truth, how one can sometimes make their best contacts shortly before they have to leave).

From work, I went home and walked puppybutt/Koda.
From there we went to see Grandma and her pups.

I always enjoy seeing my Grandma, it's such a pleasant and relaxing experience.

Then I went to Nathan's parents' house to pick up the key (I'm letting the dog out on Saturday and Sunday).  I also always enjoy talking with Nathan's Mom.

She's undeniably one of the most genuinely kind ladies I've had the fortune of meeting.

Dropped Koda back off at the apartment and went home for dinner (and application printing!).

More than anything, I enjoy sitting with my parents.  We don't even necessarily have to be engaged in a conversation.  It's one of those situations where just sitting somewhere and knowing that you're wanted there and loved, that means a lot.  The apartment can get a little lonely at times, but knowing that I have a family that will take me at any point, that means a lot.

Even if Twerp** wasn't there to harass me.

It was a day of acceptance and I am so thankful for everyone.

My apologies for the super corny post.  Sometimes it's just nice to write about the things that you're thankful for, rather than the things you're feeling critical of.

Oh, and Koda-update.

He's much better.
Koda plopped himself in this chair, the one Nathan used to sit in before he left, a mere 12 hours after Nathan took off.  It's now Koda's "go to" spot.

Oh, and Nathan and Andrea picture....for the sake of being cheesy:



And finally, a good post should end with a hint of Buddha.



Peace out!


*Blueberry Crumble Bars, Lemon-Almond Biscotti dipped in chocolate, hazelnut syrup, and homemade peanut butter cups/tortes.
** AKA Little Brother

No comments:

Post a Comment