Below is a recipe for some soup that I mentioned in the Vlogs my friends and I do between each other:
2 eggplant (mid-sized)
1 red/green bell pepper
1/2 shallot/onion, sliced
2 cloves garlic, sliced
2-3 c. chicken stock
1 1/2 tsp. curry
1/2 tsp. cayenne
opt. Sour Cream/Cottage Cheese
1) Slice the eggplant, zucchini, peppers, and tomatoes in half. Place on foil covered baking sheet, sprinkle lightly with salt and bake in the oven at 400 for 20-30 minutes (until skins come off the eggplant easily).
2) While veggies are roasting, saute the shallot/o and onion for 5 minutes. Then add the garlic and saute for 30 seconds. Then add the chicken stock.
3) When veggies are done "roasting", allow to cool 5 minutes, then remove the skins from the eggplants, zucchini, and tomatoes. Bring the chicken stock concoction to a boil and add all the veggies (this is where you throw in the carrots). Add cayenne and curry (and any other spices you may like!). Boil for 10 minutes.
4) After boiling, allow to cool for a few moments. Then, throw the entire soup mixture into a food processor and blend until desired consistency.
5) Serve with a dollop of sour cream/cottage cheese (if desired) and something to cool the palate down with.